John Richards Centre 2022 Oration
Future-proofing mental health for older people in rural Australia
- Thursday 07 April 2022 01:00 pm until Thursday 07 April 2022 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kim Young
- Presented by:
- John Richards Centre for Rural Ageing Research
- Type of Event:
- Forum/symposium; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Our expert panel will discuss current trends and approaches to mental health care for older rural Australians and highlight future directions for innovative approaches to older people’s mental health care delivery in rural contexts.
Professor David Perkins: Conjoint Professor Rural Health Research University Newcastle and Adjunct Professor Centre for Health Research, University of Canberra.
Dr Sue Wilson: Mental Health Promotion Clinician for Older Persons, Early Intervention and Capability Building Unit; Albury Wodonga Health
Maria Berry: Consumer Advisor with the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN)
Moderated by Professor Richard Gray: Research Theme Lead – Healthy People, Families & Communities, La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm