Japan's Relationship with China
A live recording of La Trobe Asia's 'Asia Rising' Podcast
- Tuesday 18 April 2023 03:00 pm until Tuesday 18 April 2023 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Chisako T. Masuo
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
Professor Chisako T. Masuo, China Studies, Kyushu University
Japan and China are Asia's two biggest economies, and while a good relationship is considered vital to the region's stability and prosperity, they remain at odds over historical legacy, disputes over territory in the East China Seas, and China's growing military assertiveness in the region.
What role should Japan play in the strategic defence of the region? Is China a threat to Japan's economic security? Is China Japan's greatest strategic challenge?
This is a live recording of the Asia Rising podcast for La Trobe Asia from Kyushu University, Japan.
Other events by type
- 'Asian Studies in Focus' Seminar Series - Ma Yifu and His Understanding of Confucianism
1 June 2023 2:00 pm
- Statistics and Mathematics colloquium: Mining Lipidomics for Biological Insight
1 June 2023 12:00 pm
- The Politics of Indian History
8 June 2023 2:00 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar 14 June
14 June 2023 3:00 pm
- Queering Survival: Reconceptualising healing beyond heteronormative and cisnormative frames
14 June 2023 4:00 pm