Japan's Relationship with China
A live recording of La Trobe Asia's 'Asia Rising' Podcast
- Tuesday 18 April 2023 03:00 pm until Tuesday 18 April 2023 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Chisako T. Masuo
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
Professor Chisako T. Masuo, China Studies, Kyushu University
Japan and China are Asia's two biggest economies, and while a good relationship is considered vital to the region's stability and prosperity, they remain at odds over historical legacy, disputes over territory in the East China Seas, and China's growing military assertiveness in the region.
What role should Japan play in the strategic defence of the region? Is China a threat to Japan's economic security? Is China Japan's greatest strategic challenge?
This is a live recording of the Asia Rising podcast for La Trobe Asia from Kyushu University, Japan.
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Online Seminar
11 Aug 2023 3:00 pm
- Ideas & Society Program: Disability and Australian Society: How Well Are We Doing?
5 Oct 2023 5:00 pm
- Out In Suburbia: The Untold Story of LGBTIQ+ People in Australia's Outer Suburbs
6 Oct 2023 9:30 am
- Reflections on the Voice to Parliament referendum - What are we going through?
6 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- John Richards Centre 2023 Oration (Hybrid event)
25 Oct 2023 5:15 pm