International Women's Day 2021
International Women's day at La Trobe 2021
- Monday 08 March 2021 (Add to calendar)
- Rose Wimbush
- Presented by:
- Various across all campuses
- Type of Event:
- Community Event; Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Seminar/Workshop/Training
International Women's Day is fast approaching on the 8th March 2021!
In the spirit of the #womenlead theme, this year’s IWD event on the University’s ON24 Platform is a joint celebration for students and staff. Check out the UN International Women's Day website for more information about the theme.
Panel discussion, 11am - 12pm
Hosted by Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Industry Engagement, Professor Sue Dodds, this event is an opportunity for staff and students to hear from a diverse range of voices:
- Professor John Dewar, Vice-Chancellor, La Trobe University.
- Dr Mishel McMahon, Lecturer in Social Work and Co-ordinator of Victorian Aboriginal Research Accord Project at VACHHO.
- Cecilia Milagro Bravo Huaynates, inaugural recipient of the Aiia Maasarwe Research Scholarship.
- Jenna Boyd, Founding Board Director of the La Trobe Student Association.
Panellists will reflect on what International Women’s Day means to them and how we can all contribute to a more gender equal and inclusive University.
While IWD celebrates women in all their diversity, gender equality is, of course, meaningful for everyone. We encourage staff and students of all genders to attend this event.
Gender Based Violence Drop-In Session
What does the term Gender Based Violence mean? What are the drivers? How do we address it? This is an informal drop-in session to come and discuss Gender-Based Violence with the Safer Community team.
Check out the Gender Based Violence event page for more details
International Women's Day 2020
Check our some photos of last years celebrations!
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Groupwork and Group Assessment
26th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Configuring LMS Group Assignments
27th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Single Session Thinking in Practice (November)
3rd Nov 2021 1:00pm
- Shame, Trauma and Family Relationships
4th Nov 2021 9:30am