'Indonesia in Focus' Seminar Series - Managing oral cancer in Indonesia
An initiative of La Trobe Asia
- Thursday 12 May 2022 02:00 pm until Thursday 12 May 2022 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Dr Elizabeth Fitriana Sari
- Type of Event:
The third ‘Indonesia in Focus' event, an initiative of La Trobe Asia.
This seminar will be presented by Dr Elizabeth Fitriana Sari - Senior Lecturer, Department of Rural Clinical Science, La Trobe University
Oral cancer is considered as a public health problem that carries significant morbidity and mortality, but Indonesians are often unaware of the deadly oral cancer. Indonesia has insufficient data in relation to oral cancer prevalence and their risk factors.
This seminar will present my continuing research about oral cancer in Indonesia, the prevalence, the risk factors associated with oral cancer and examine what role the Indonesian government should take in managing oral cancer in Indonesia.
The ‘Indonesia in Focus' seminar series will highlight Indonesia related research at La Trobe University from all disciplines, allowing conversation and analysis on specialised topics with academics and experts.
You can choose to join us for one, two or more seminars on Indonesia. Each seminar will have a 45 min presentation followed by 15 min Q&A.
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm