'Indonesia in Focus' - Disability Leadership in Indonesia - Seminar # 2
An initiative of La Trobe Asia
- Thursday 05 May 2022 02:00 pm until Thursday 05 May 2022 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Dr Elisabeth Jackson and Nur Syarif Ramadhan
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
The second ‘Indonesia in Focus' event, an initiative of La Trobe Asia.
This seminar will be presented by Dr Elisabeth Jackson, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Human Security and Social Change, La Trobe University and Nur Syarif Ramadhan, Director, Indonesian Diffability Movement for Equality.
Indonesia’s disability movement has made important progress in realising the rights of people with disability in the last decade. This has been led by disability advocates working at both the national and local levels. In this seminar, we share initial findings from our research with over 50 Indonesian disability leaders on their personal leadership journeys and how they see their leadership as contributing to social change.
This session will be closed captioned in English for participants.
The ‘Indonesia in Focus' seminar series will highlight Indonesia related research at La Trobe University from all disciplines, allowing conversation and analysis on specialised topics with academics and experts.
You can choose to join us for one, two or more seminars on Indonesia. Each seminar will have a 45 min presentation followed by 15 min Q&A.
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- Introducing the Cosmic Person
24th May 2022 1:00pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm