'Indonesia in Focus' - Democratic Regression and Environmental Politics in Indonesia - Seminar # 4
An initiative of La Trobe Asia
- Thursday 19 May 2022 02:00 pm until Thursday 19 May 2022 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Associate Professor Dirk Tomsa
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
The fourth ‘Indonesia in Focus' event, an initiative of La Trobe Asia.
This seminar will be presented by Associate Professor Dirk Tomsa (Head of the Department of Politics, Media and Philosophy. La Trobe University)
This seminar analyses how populist resource nationalism, anti-science attitudes, controversial new laws and tightening restrictions on political freedoms are undermining prospects for environmental protection in Indonesia. However, it also highlights some silver linings that provide hope for Indonesia’s embattled environment.
The ‘Indonesia in Focus' seminar series will highlight Indonesia related research at La Trobe University from all disciplines, allowing conversation and analysis on specialised topics with academics and experts.
You can choose to join us for one, two or more seminars on Indonesia. Each seminar will have a 45 min presentation followed by 15 min Q&A.
Other events by type
- Indigenous Language Rights and the Politics of Fear in Asia
4th Oct 2022 5:30pm
- Geologic Realism: On the Beach of Geologic Time
4th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Cleopatra and Antony - Emperors of Rome live
4th Oct 2022 6:00pm
- Supporting parents to optimise children’s outcomes from brain injury
5th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Performance and book launch: Scotty So and Chunxiao Qu
7th Oct 2022 5:30pm