'India in Focus' - When India fought China, and why it matters
An initiative of La Trobe Asia
- Thursday 26 August 2021 02:00 pm until Thursday 26 August 2021 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
Our second 'India in Focus' seminar will be presented by Dr Ruth Gamble, DECRA Research Fellow | Department of Archaeology and History, La Trobe University
China and India fought a war over their unresolved Himalayan border in 1962. Nearly sixty years later, this border remains unresolved, and the effects of the ongoing dispute over it can be felt in the whole region’s geopolitics, ecologies, cultures, and, increasingly, technologies. This seminar will present a political ecological analysis of the war’s causes, events, and aftermaths, and use the past to suggest what the region’s bifurcated future may hold.
The 'India in Focus' seminar series will highlight India related research at La Trobe University from all disciplines, allowing conversation and analysis on specialised topics with academics and experts.
You can choose to join us for one, two or more seminars on India.
Each seminar will have a 45 min presentation followed by 15 min Q&A.
Other events by type
- Emerging Leaders Dialogues: Australia and the UK in the Indo-Pacific
17th Jan 2022 7:30pm
- Bouverie's Annual Alumni and Friends Celebration
17th Feb 2022 7:00pm
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
21st Feb 2022
- Strengthening Connections: Utilising Single Session Thinking to reduce the risk of women’s re-entry into the prison system
23rd Feb 2022 9:30am
- Clinical Supervision Training
2nd Mar 2022