'India in Focus' - Diabetes self-management in India
An initiative of La Trobe Asia
- Thursday 09 September 2021 02:00 pm until Thursday 09 September 2021 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
Our fourth 'India in Focus' seminar will be presented by Dr Sabrina Gupta, Psychology and Public Health, La Trobe University, Dr Jency Thomas, Physiology, Anatomy and Microbiology, La Trobe University, and Rahul Krishna Puvvada, PhD candidate.
Self-medication practices are common across India and include taking both traditional and western medications without proper medical advice, and using old prescription drugs or unused drugs from friends and family members. These practices can lead to many detrimental effects. We aim to identify the factors that may influence these practices and gain perspectives of people living with diabetes, their carers; doctors and pharmacists living and working in Mysuru, India.
The 'India in Focus' seminar series will highlight India related research at La Trobe University from all disciplines, allowing conversation and analysis on specialised topics with academics and experts.
You can choose to join us for one, two or more seminars on India.
Each seminar will have a 45 min presentation followed by 15 min Q&A.
Other events by type
- Emerging Leaders Dialogues: Australia and the UK in the Indo-Pacific
17th Jan 2022 7:30pm
- Victorian Young People and Sexual Health
2nd Feb 2022 10:00am
- Implementing evidence into practice: challenges and strategies in midwifery and maternity care
2nd Feb 2022 12:30pm
- Bouverie's Annual Alumni and Friends Celebration
17th Feb 2022 7:00pm
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
21st Feb 2022