Inclusive and accessible education and services to students with disabilities in higher education
A La Trobe Asia/Universitas Brawijaya webinar
- Wednesday 21 October 2020 02:00 pm until Wednesday 21 October 2020 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Australia Indonesia Disability Research Advocacy Network (AIDRAN)
- Type of Event:
- Forum/symposium; Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
The COVID 19 pandemic has forced educational institutions across the globe to rapidly embrace online learning. This has particular implications for teachers and students with disabilities.
Before the pandemic, access to education in Indonesia was already a significant challenge for its nearly 27 million people with disabilities.
At this online event we bring together experiences from Australia and Indonesia on how tertiary education institutions are responding to the changes currently underway.
It is critical now to consider what policies and practices can be put in place to ensure the rights of students with disabilities to quality and accessible education is not neglected.
Australia and Indonesia are both state parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), however, the different socio-economic, legal and political landscapes means that it is beneficial for both countries to learn from each other.
- Professor drh. Aris Junaidi, Ph.D, Director of Learning and Higher Education, Indonesia
- Professor Dr. Ir. Hendrawan Soetanto, M.Rur, Sc, Vice-Chancellor Office for Academic and Research, Universitas Brawijaya
- Ir Achmad Wicaksono, M.Eng., Ph.D, Director of Educational Development and Quality Assurance
- Alies Poetri Lintangsari, MA, Centre of Disability Services, Universitas Brawijaya
- Slamet Thohari, Indonesia Chair of AIDRAN
- Anthony Gartner, Manager, Equity and Diversity, La Trobe University
- Beth Radulski, PhD candidate, La Trobe University
- Ramas McRae, Auslan Coordinator/Lecturer, La Trobe University
- Dr Dina Afrianty, Research Fellow, La Trobe University and President AIDRAN
Dr Rebecca Strating, Executive Director, La Trobe Asia
This online seminar continues the collaboration between La Trobe University and Brawijaya University under their Memorandum of Understanding which aims to strengthen mutual learning on equity and diversity in tertiary education.
Other events by type
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
3rd Sep 2020 1:30pm
- Symposium: Past lives in Crisis
28th Oct 2020
- La Trobe Industry PhD: Connecting world class research with business
28th Oct 2020 12:00pm
- Getting your Readings Online
28th Oct 2020 12:00pm
- La Trobe's Fishburners Founders Hub Launch
29th Oct 2020 12:00pm