Implementing evidence into practice: challenges and strategies in midwifery and maternity care
A Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminar with Professor Sara Bayes
- Wednesday 02 February 2022 12:30 pm until Wednesday 02 February 2022 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Stacey Hokke and Charlie Smithson
- Presented by:
- Professor Sara Bayes, Australian Catholic University
- Type of Event:
Join us to hear Professor Sara Bayes share her program of research on implementing evidence into midwifery practice.
Sara is a midwife whose clinical experience spans all models and contexts of care; most recently she was a continuity of care midwife in private practice supporting women who hoped to birth at home.
She has also worked in academia for the last 15 years as both a teacher of midwifery students and a researcher, and she is currently the Professor of Midwifery & Head of Discipline at Australian Catholic University, and is based in Melbourne.
Sara’s longstanding research interest is in exploring and testing ways to shorten the time it takes for evidence for practice to be taken up into practice itself, and she has conducted a number of studies with that focus (predominantly in relation to midwifery, but also in other areas of health care).
The seminar will be presented on Zoom via this link.
The Judith Lumley Centre holds open lunchtime seminars on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December from 12.30 - 1.30 pm and also extra seminars at different times. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Our lunchtime seminars are free and open to all. They are delivered in accessible academic language and members of the wider community are welcome to attend
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm