Implementation of My Therapy Rehabilitation
In this seminar, the effectiveness of the My Therapy rehabilitation program will be discussed.
- Thursday 25 March 2021 10:30 am until Thursday 25 March 2021 11:00 am (Add to calendar)
- Robert Macmahon, ARCH
- Presented by:
- Dr Tash Brusco, a Health Economist and Principal Consultant from the Alpha Crucis Group (a partner of Healthscope)
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Ensuring patients receive an effective dose of therapeutic exercises and activities is a significant challenge for inpatient rehabilitation. The My Therapy program has been shown to increase the dose of therapy participation through self-management by encouraging patients to independently practice usual-care exercises and tasks outside of supervised therapy sessions. This trial aims to determine the effectiveness of My Therapy on clinical outcomes of function, health-related quality of life, and adverse events, when implemented across four health services. It will also determine the cost-effectiveness per minimal clinically important difference in functional independence achieved and per quality adjusted life year gained compared to usual care.
Dr Tash Brusco
As a health economist, Dr Tash Brusco firmly believes that cost and resource implications should always be considered in health care, alongside clinical, patient reported and health service outcomes. Her career includes 20 years of health service experience in clinical, management and leadership roles across multiple public and private health services. She is a Senior Research Fellow at Monash University, an Adjunct Professor at La Trobe University and has extensive experience consulting for complex organisations across the health, education and government sectors. Tash commenced her academic career 15 years ago with a focus on health service research and then through an award winning PhD, this focus shifted to health economics. While she has experience in many diverse areas, she has focussed on evaluating the economic, clinical and health service outcomes for adult rehabilitation models of care.
This seminar is hosted by the Healthscope ARCH.
Learn more about how the Academic and Research Collaborative in Health (ARCH) is delivering better healthcare outcomes for Australians on our website.
Other events by type
- La Trobe Classics in the City 2021
30th Sep 2021
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Spatio-temporal joint species distribution modeling – A community-level basis function approach
21st Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Regional security after the Taliban takeover
21st Oct 2021 2:00pm
- Moving inland: Regional migration during COVID and beyond
21st Oct 2021 5:30pm