Holsworth Research Initiative Seminar Series
The Holsworth Research Initiative invites you to join us for our 2022 Seminar Series featuring industry leaders from around the globe discussing exercise, physical activity and rehabilitation.
- Wednesday 27 April 2022 10:00 am (Add to calendar)
- Dr. Courtney Sullivan
- Presented by:
- Holsworth Research Initiative
- Type of Event:
Seminar One: Exercising Biomechanics to improve Care for Knee Osteoarthritis
Presented by: A/Prof Monica Maly
We are delighted to announce that the first seminar of the Holsworth Research Initiative Seminar Series will feature A/Prof Monica Maly, PT PhD, Associate Professor and Director of the Mobilize Clinical Biomechanics Laboratory in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences at the University of Waterloo.
A/Prof Maly will present an overview of osteoarthritis (OA), the biomechanical contributors to worsening disease and the current clinical guidelines for treating OA.
Monica’s research goals are to promote physical activity among adults with OA and provide strong training experiences for academic and professional students. She uses biomechanical methods and imaging to evaluate the impact of physical activities on joint health, mobility and productivity.
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- 'Uninhibited Play': the political and pragmatic dimensions of intoxication within queer cultures
18th May 2022 4:00pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Democratic Regression and Environmental Politics in Indonesia - Seminar # 4
19th May 2022 2:00pm
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm