Holsworth Research Initiative Seminar Series
The Holsworth Research Initiative invites you to join us for our 2022 Seminar Series featuring industry leaders from around the globe discussing exercise, physical activity and rehabilitation.
- Wednesday 27 April 2022 10:00 am (Add to calendar)
- Dr. Courtney Sullivan
- Presented by:
- Holsworth Research Initiative
- Type of Event:
Seminar One: Exercising Biomechanics to improve Care for Knee Osteoarthritis
Presented by: A/Prof Monica Maly
We are delighted to announce that the first seminar of the Holsworth Research Initiative Seminar Series will feature A/Prof Monica Maly, PT PhD, Associate Professor and Director of the Mobilize Clinical Biomechanics Laboratory in the Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences at the University of Waterloo.
A/Prof Maly will present an overview of osteoarthritis (OA), the biomechanical contributors to worsening disease and the current clinical guidelines for treating OA.
Monica’s research goals are to promote physical activity among adults with OA and provide strong training experiences for academic and professional students. She uses biomechanical methods and imaging to evaluate the impact of physical activities on joint health, mobility and productivity.
Other events by type
- Supporting parents to optimise children’s outcomes from brain injury
5th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
12th Oct 2022 2:30pm
- Adolescent Family Violence: Systemic Interventions with Families
20th Oct 2022 9:30am
- Single Session Thinking in Practice
20th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Systemic Family Work After Family Violence
27th Oct 2022 9:30am