HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
A short course designed for people in infection prevention and control and staff health roles, on HIV and hepatitis epidemiology, transmission, management, testing, prevention and pre- and post-test discussion.
- Thursday 08 October 2020 09:30 am (Add to calendar)
- Jen Johnson
firstname.lastname@example.org; (03) 9479 8715
- Presented by:
- Blood-Borne Virus Unit
- Type of Event:
This course is now fully booked. To express interest in the next course, contact email@example.com or telephone 9479 8715.
This short course consists of a pre-learning component and a series of four half-day workshops over Zoom. The pre-learning component consists of a reading package and reflective practice activities. The workshops are highly interactive and will include guest speakers. Access to Zoom is essential. This course is suitable for people working in infection prevention and control and staff health roles.
Pre-learning package and course materials provided electronically. BYO lunch.
9:30am to 1:30pm Thursdays, on 8, 15, 22 and 29 October 2020
For more information please contact Jen Johnson, BBV Program at Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 9479 8715.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre- and post-test discussion. In particular, they will:
- Gain a working knowledge HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Refresh their knowledge on the different tests available to correctly diagnose HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C, testing intervals post exposure and window periods for testing
- Consolidate their understanding of post incident pre- and post-test discussion for both the recipient and the source
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective health promotion and prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
This short course will be live-streamed over Zoom. We may be able to accommodate specific access requirements - contact email@example.com to enquire.
Online - Zoom Webinar
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
25th Feb 2021 11:00am
- Effective mixed-mode assessment and feedback
26th Feb 2021 11:00am
- Introduction to Teaching at La Trobe
3rd Mar 2021 5:00pm
- Impact of pregnancy complications on breast milk, breastfeeding and infant outcomes
3rd Mar 2021 12:30pm
- Introduction to teaching at la trobe 2
4th Mar 2021 5:00pm