HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
A short course designed for people in infection prevention and control and staff health roles, on HIV and hepatitis epidemiology, transmission, management, testing, prevention and pre- and post-test discussion.
- Thursday 08 October 2020 09:30 am (Add to calendar)
- Jen Johnson
email@example.com; (03) 9479 8715
- Presented by:
- Blood-Borne Virus Unit
- Type of Event:
This course is now fully booked. To express interest in the next course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 9479 8715.
This short course consists of a pre-learning component and a series of four half-day workshops over Zoom. The pre-learning component consists of a reading package and reflective practice activities. The workshops are highly interactive and will include guest speakers. Access to Zoom is essential. This course is suitable for people working in infection prevention and control and staff health roles.
Pre-learning package and course materials provided electronically. BYO lunch.
9:30am to 1:30pm Thursdays, on 8, 15, 22 and 29 October 2020
For more information please contact Jen Johnson, BBV Program at Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, email@example.com or telephone 9479 8715.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre- and post-test discussion. In particular, they will:
- Gain a working knowledge HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Refresh their knowledge on the different tests available to correctly diagnose HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C, testing intervals post exposure and window periods for testing
- Consolidate their understanding of post incident pre- and post-test discussion for both the recipient and the source
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective health promotion and prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
This short course will be live-streamed over Zoom. We may be able to accommodate specific access requirements - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Online - Zoom Webinar
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Online event: Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival 2020
31st Aug 2020
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
3rd Sep 2020 1:30pm
- Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using ZOOM
8th Sep 2020 1:00pm
- Learning and Teaching with Microsoft Teams
15th Sep 2020 1:00pm
- Online event: Using Camtasia to record and edit video
16th Sep 2020 12:00pm