HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
A short course designed for people in infection prevention and control and staff health roles, on HIV and hepatitis epidemiology, transmission, management, testing, prevention and pre- and post-test discussion.
- Thursday 11 February 2021 until Thursday 25 February 2021 (Add to calendar)
- Jen Johnson
(03) 9479 8715; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented by:
- BBV Program at Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society
- Type of Event:
This short course consists of 4 hours of ‘on demand’ online lectures, followed by three live half-day online workshops. The workshops are highly interactive and will include guest speakers.
This course is suitable for people working in infection prevention and control and staff health roles.
All course materials provided electronically. BYO lunch.
Course dates (live sessions)
9:30am to 1:30pm Thursdays, on 11, 18 and 25 February 2021
Participants will be required to attend the on-demand lectures prior to commencement on 11th February.
For more information please contact Jen Johnson, BBV Program at the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, email@example.com or telephone 9479 8715.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre and post test discussion. In particular, they will:
- Gain a working knowledge HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Refresh their knowledge on the different tests available to correctly diagnose HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C, testing intervals post exposure and window periods for testing
- Consolidate their understanding of post incident pre and post test discussion for both the recipient and the source
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective health promotion and prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
This short course will be live-streamed over Zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any access requirements or requests.
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
27th Jan 2021 11:00am
- Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
27th Jan 2021 3:30pm
- Teaching online with Zoom
28th Jan 2021 1:00pm
- Effective mixed-mode assessment and feedback
28th Jan 2021 11:00am
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
11th Feb 2021