HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
Courses in pre and post test discussion are run by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) several times throughout the year.
- Tuesday 25 February 2020 09:00 am until Wednesday 26 February 2020 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Jen Johnson
firstname.lastname@example.org; 9479 8715
- Presented by:
- BBV Program at Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society
- Type of Event:
This short course consists of a pre learning component and a two day intensive. The pre learning component consists of a reading package and reflective practice activities. The two day training is highly interactive and involves guest speakers from a range of disciplines. This course is suitable for people working in infection prevention and control and staff health roles.
Pre learning package, all course materials and lunch provided.
25 and 26 February 2020 - Taking bookings now
For more information, to be added to the February course waiting list, or to register your interest for the next course dates, please contact Jen Johnson, BBV Program at Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, email@example.com or telephone 9479 8715.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will gain a working knowledge of the components of effective pre and post test discussion. In particular, they will:
- Gain a working knowledge HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C with particular reference to epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Refresh their knowledge on the different tests available to correctly diagnose HIV hepatitis B and hepatitis C, testing intervals post exposure and window periods for testing
- Consolidate their understanding of post incident pre and post test discussion for both the recipient and the source
- Increase their understanding of the personal impact and medical consequences of HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Build on existing skills and knowledge in conducting a risk assessment for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
- Be introduced to strategies and resources for effective health promotion and prevention education
- Extend their ability to employ basic counselling skills including listening, questioning, reflecting and summarising
Successful completion of this course will result in practitioners being certified as a prescribed person under section 132 and section 134 of the Victorian Health and Wellbeing Act 2009.
Boardroom Level 20, La Trobe University City Campus
360 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000
Other events by type
- Brazilian research endeavors in gender, violence and health
5th Feb 2020 12:30am
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Our Context, Our Students (Bundoora)
13th Feb 2020 10:00am
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Introduction to LMS (Bundoora)
13th Feb 2020 1:00pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Introduction to LMS (Bendigo)
14th Feb 2020 1:00pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Our Context, Our Students (Bendigo)
14th Feb 2020 10:00am