Graduate Employability – The Next Step Forward
This event is to express gratitude to our industry who host and mentor students while on placement. It is also to recognise our graduating students as they depart the university to show our support for their lives beyond their undergraduate course, to connect them with the LTU Alumni Community and to ensure these new graduates leave with positivity and inspiration for their future career journey.
- Thursday 26 November 2020 02:30 pm until Thursday 26 November 2020 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Mary Grant
- Presented by:
- Sport and Exercise Science (Mary Grant)
- Type of Event:
- Community Event
|Opening||2.35pm - 2.40pm|
|Dean||2.40pm - 2.45pm|
|Discussion Sessions (see below)||2.50pm - 3.25pm|
|Industry Representative Panel Discussion (see below)||3.30pm - 3.45pm|
|Introduction to La Trobe Alumni||3.50pm - 4pm|
|Close||4pm - 4.05pm|
Industry representatives at each session to speak on topic and generate discussion. Staff will be present to work in breakout rooms and to contribute to discussion (prompt discussion questions for each session on next page).
Students will choose 2 x 15 minute sessions in total.
Session 1: 2.50pm - 3.05pm
1. Building your professional brand: What graduates need to know.
2. Industry Experience: How much is enough?
Session 2: 3.10pm - 3.25pm
3. Distinguishing what makes a graduate employable: An industry perspective.
4. What makes a good leader? Identifying leadership qualities from every day activity
Industry Representative Panel Discussion: 3.30pm - 3.45pm
Topic: Lessons learned from COVID-19. What changes and potential challenges can graduates entering the sport and exercise science workforce expect? What advice can industry professionals provide?
Other events by type
- Artist talk: Far from the Eye
6th Mar 2021 11:00am
- International Women's Day 2021
8th Mar 2021
- Global Status of Biotech Crops and the Oceanian Biotech Perspective
11th Mar 2021 4:00pm
- Pride Week at La Trobe 2021
12th Apr 2021