Geologic Realism: On the Beach of Geologic Time
Join us for an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 04 October 2022 01:00 pm until Tuesday 04 October 2022 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kathleen Birrell
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Law School
- Type of Event:
In this session we will be looking at Kathryn Yusoff, ‘Geologic Realism: On the Beach of Geologic Time’ in Lynn Badia, Marija Cetinić, Jeff Diamanti (eds), Climate Realism: The Aesthetics of Weather and Atmosphere in the Anthropocene (2020) 98-120.
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene. In 2022, we are exploring texts that consider intersections between subjectivity and matter, the human/inhuman, and the idea of the inhumanities as jurisgenerative.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is convened by Dr Kathleen Birrell and meets online.
Please email Kathleen Birrell to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
*Image by Jason deCaires Taylor @jasondecairestaylor
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
12th Oct 2022 2:30pm
- Australia and China: A Conversation with Paul Keating
12th Oct 2022 5:00pm
- Rae Alexander Lecture with Dr Geoff Raby AO
13th Oct 2022 6:00pm
- Report Launch: Opening Doors: Ensuring LGBTIQ-inclusive family, domestic and sexual violence services
13th Oct 2022 10:00am
- Of Flesh and Ore: Material Histories and Embodied Geologies
18th Oct 2022 1:00pm