Geologic Realism: On the Beach of Geologic Time
Join us for an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 04 October 2022 01:00 pm until Tuesday 04 October 2022 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kathleen Birrell
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Law School
- Type of Event:
In this session we will be looking at Kathryn Yusoff, ‘Geologic Realism: On the Beach of Geologic Time’ in Lynn Badia, Marija Cetinić, Jeff Diamanti (eds), Climate Realism: The Aesthetics of Weather and Atmosphere in the Anthropocene (2020) 98-120.
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene. In 2022, we are exploring texts that consider intersections between subjectivity and matter, the human/inhuman, and the idea of the inhumanities as jurisgenerative.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is convened by Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, in hybrid mode (in person and online). In person participation will be at La Trobe Law School, Martin Building (MB) Room 241 - Please see H6 of the Inner Campus Map
Please email Kathleen Birrell to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
*Image by Jason deCaires Taylor @jasondecairestaylor
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- 'Uninhibited Play': the political and pragmatic dimensions of intoxication within queer cultures
18th May 2022 4:00pm
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Democratic Regression and Environmental Politics in Indonesia - Seminar # 4
19th May 2022 2:00pm
- Introducing the Cosmic Person
24th May 2022 1:00pm