Gendering the Pandemic: Women’s representation and participation in the Asia-Pacific
Presented by La Trobe Asia and the Griffith Asia Institute
- Tuesday 15 March 2022 05:00 pm until Tuesday 15 March 2022 06:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia and Griffith Asia Institute
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
For all states across the Asia-Pacific women's representation in all sectors remains dismally low. The COVID-19 pandemic and responses to it have disproportionately affected women and girls across the Asia-Pacific, from alarming increases in domestic violence during extended lockdowns to the growing gender gap in employment opportunities.
Addressing these challenges requires policy-makers to implement gender-sensitive reforms, taking the voice and visibility of women and girls seriously in decision-making processes across both private and public sector spheres.
As we manage the difficult task of recovery and the ongoing long term impacts of COVID-19 there has never been a better time to lift ambition on women's representation and participation in leadership roles. But how do we make this ambition a reality?
This event is presented by La Trobe Asia and the Griffith Asia Institute.
Introduction provided by Professor Caitlin Byrne, Director - Griffith Asia Institute
- Professor Vivian Lin, Executive Associate Dean, Professor of Practice (Public Health), LKS Faculty of Medicine, Hong Kong University and Adjunct Professor, La Trobe Asia
- Dr Dhara Shah, Senior Lecturer and Deputy Director Engagement in the Department of Business Strategy and Innovation, Griffith Business School
- Ryce Chanchai, ASEAN Governance, Peace and Security Lead, UN Women Indonesia
Associate Professor Bec Strating, Director - La Trobe Asia
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- Introducing the Cosmic Person
24th May 2022 1:00pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm