Fall prevention in hospitals: a matter of balance
In this seminar, Dr Ronald Shorr will review the epidemiology of falls among hospital patients and speak to the challenges of identifying and preventing them.
- Thursday 29 October 2020 10:00 am until Thursday 29 October 2020 11:00 am (Add to calendar)
- Professor Meg Morris, ARCH
- Presented by:
- Dr Ronald Shorr
- Type of Event:
- Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training
This talk will review the epidemiology of falls among hospital patients and speak to the challenges of identifying and preventing them.
Dr Ronald Shorr is an internist, geriatrician and epidemiologist with postdoctoral training in Pharmacoepidemiology. He has served as Director of the Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC) at Malcom Randall VAMC since 2007 and is Research Professor of Epidemiology at University of Florida. Dr Shorr has conducted observational and interventional research related to aging for nearly 30 years and has conducted both prospective and retrospective research on hospital falls for more than 15 years.
This webinar will be presented on Zoom at this link: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/87956081598
Discover more ARCH research on falls and fractures.
Learn more about how the Academic and Research Collaborative in Health (ARCH) is delivering better healthcare outcomes for Australians on our website.
Other events by type
- Danica Chappell: PHOTO 2021
27th Jan 2021 10:00am
- Pride Week at La Trobe 2021
12th Apr 2021
- Bendigo Campus Talk and Tours
12th Apr 2021 10:00am
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
14th Apr 2021 3:00pm
- Family Violence and the LGBTIQA+ Online Session
14th Apr 2021 12:00pm