Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using ZOOM
Various sessions | Learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM.
- Thursday 28 May 2020 01:00 pm until Tuesday 23 June 2020 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven & Mungo Jones
- Type of Event:
Although web conferencing technology is increasingly used in our work environment to host meetings with geographically dispersed colleagues, many teaching staff are unaware of the affordances of web conferencing for learning and teaching purposes.
In this online training session, you will learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM. More specifically, you'll be taught how to apply some of the activities that would normally take place in a face-to-face teaching episode to the real-time web conferencing environment, including:
- Preparing and disseminating polls in real-time
- Setting up small group activities using online break out rooms
- Sharing onscreen content and video
- Annotating on-screen images and other multimedia
- Using the virtual whiteboard to help explain difficult concepts.
This online training session will also include suggestions and examples of teaching and learning activities you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
As a minimum requirement, you will need access to a computer with speakers and a microphone to be able to successfully participate in this session.
- Thursday, 28 May, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, 23 June, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
A link to join the session and further information will be provided once your online registration has been completed and closer to the workshop date.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
7th May 2020 2:00pm
- Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using ZOOM
28th May 2020 1:00pm
- Online Feedback
29th May 2020 11:00am
- Learning and Teaching with Microsoft Teams
2nd Jun 2020 2:00pm
- Women and Australian International Affairs
3rd Jun 2020 10:00am