Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using ZOOM
Learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM.
- Thursday 20 February 2020 12:30 pm until Thursday 20 February 2020 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven & Katie Sykes
- Type of Event:
Although web conferencing technology is increasingly used in our work environment to host meetings with geographically dispersed colleagues, many teaching staff are unaware of the affordances of web conferencing for learning and teaching purposes.
In this online training session, you will learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM. More specifically, you'll be taught how to apply some of the activities that would normally take place in a face-to-face teaching episode to the real-time web conferencing environment, including:
- Preparing and disseminating polls in real-time
- Setting up small group activities using online break out rooms
- Sharing onscreen content and video
- Annotating on screen images and other multimedia
- Using the virtual whiteboard to help explain difficult concepts.
This online training session will also include suggestions and examples of teaching and learning activities you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
As a minimum requirement, you will need access to a computer with speakers and a microphone to be able to successfully participate in this session.
A link to join the session and further information will be provided once your online registration has been completed and closer to the workshop date.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
3rd Sep 2020 1:30pm
- Using Social Media for Business (3 x 2-hour sessions) delivered online
4th Nov 2020 10:00am
- Commemorative events and public rituals
4th Nov 2020 12:30pm
- Online event: Into Deep Water Discovering History
5th Nov 2020 5:30pm
- Alumni panel: Careers in science
5th Nov 2020 5:00pm