Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using Zoom
- Thursday 17 October 2019 11:00 am until Thursday 17 October 2019 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Presented by:
- Type of Event:
In this session, you will learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM. More specifically, you’ll be taught how to apply some of the activities that would normally take place in a face-to-face teaching episode to the real-time web conferencing environment, including:
- Preparing and disseminating polls in real-time
- Setting up small group activities using break out rooms
- Sharing onscreen content and video
- Annotating on-screen images and other multimedia
- Using the virtual whiteboard to help explain difficult concepts.
This online training session will also include suggestions and examples of teaching and learning activities you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
- When: Thursday 17 October 2019 - 11.00am to 12.00pm
- Where: Online using ZOOM. Participants will receive the participation URL upon registration.
To participate in this workshop, you will need a quiet space and a computer with a microphone and speakers.
For additional information or to stay in touch regarding other events, please contact us:
La Trobe Learning and Teaching
T 03 9479 6594
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
7th May 2020 2:00pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
13th Jul 2020 2:00pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Assessment and Feedback
13th Jul 2020 2:30pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Introduction to LMS
13th Jul 2020 1:00pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Our Context, Our Students
13th Jul 2020 10:00am