Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using Zoom
- Wednesday 18 September 2019 11:00 am until Wednesday 18 September 2019 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Presented by:
- Type of Event:
In this session, you will learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM. More specifically, you’ll be taught how to apply some of the activities that would normally take place in a face-to-face teaching episode to the real-time web conferencing environment, including:
- Preparing and disseminating polls in real-time
- Setting up small group activities using break out rooms
- Sharing onscreen content and video
- Annotating on-screen images and other multimedia
- Using the virtual whiteboard to help explain difficult concepts.
This online training session will also include suggestions and examples of teaching and learning activities you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
- When: Wednesday 18 September 2019 - 11.00am to 12.00pm
- Where: Online using ZOOM. Participants will receive the participation URL upon registration.
To participate in this workshop, you will need a quiet space and a computer with a microphone and speakers.
For additional information or to stay in touch regarding other events, please contact us:
La Trobe Learning and Teaching
T 03 9479 6594
Other events by type
- Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using Zoom
18th Sep 2019 11:00am
- Public Health Seminar - "Doing good" Taking risks in the arts and health in the Asia Pacific
18th Sep 2019 1:00pm
- Alright class, answer me this... (Bundoora)
19th Sep 2019 12:30pm
- Using Camtasia to record and edit video
24th Sep 2019 12:30pm
- Differences in HIV prevention strategies across sexual subcultures: findings from a U.S. nationwide sample
26th Sep 2019 12:00pm