Evidence Based Urban Governance: Water
The sixth monthly webinar in the series presented by the IIT Kanpur-La Trobe University Research Academy in collaboration with ASCRIN.
- Thursday 21 July 2022 04:30 pm until Thursday 21 July 2022 05:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Asian Smart Cities Research Innovation Network
- Presented by:
- IIT Kanpur-La Trobe University Research Academy
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
This webinar, representing the Energy, Water and Waste theme, will hear presentations from two industry experts and two academics.
Our first industry expert will share his insights into improving governance through technology as well as the importance of other softer issues.
Our second industry expert (with extensive experience in the water sector in Cambodia, Singapore and other ASEAN countries) will present on urban water governance including identifying key challenges that need to be overcome to have improved urban governance.
Academics from La Trobe University will speak to some of the issues/challenges around urban water management from an ecological perspective – urban storm water impacts and strategies for mitigation, and our host (who conducts research on the Himalayan Cryosphere) is keen to ask many questions about urban water governance.
- Viraj Tyagi, CEO - eGov Foundation, India
- Pawan K Sachdeva, Non Executive Director - Water Management International Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Professor Nick Bond, Director - Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems, La Trobe University
Dr Ruth Gamble, Senior Lecturer and DECRA Fellow, La Trobe University
Other events by type
- LaTrobe Digital Health Community of Practice Event: Real World digital health tools – improving patient care
7 Dec 2022 12:00 pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
14 Dec 2022 3:00 pm
- One of the lasses? Attitudes to trans inclusion and safety in gender-based violence support services
15 Feb 2023 4:00 pm