Engaging Virtual Corkboards and Canvases in Teaching
Join this session to explore some great examples of practice, tools and pedagogies that might work for your teaching context.
- Thursday 26 August 2021 11:00 am until Thursday 26 August 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Dan Laurence & Robin Bebbington
- Type of Event:
Tools like Padlet engage students in a variety of ways that aren’t possible with discussion forums and emails. Literally a rich tapestry of electronic threads, ‘virtual corkboards’ and canvases can make online learning a beautiful and inter-connected experience.
This session will practically explore tools like Padlet, MS White Board (but not as you’ve known it), Miro, Wakelet and more.
The key benefits from employing virtual corkboards and canvases are:
- Improved student engagement
- Improved learning
- A more active and interconnected student experience
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- Getting Online Exams Right
21st Sep 2021 1:00pm
- 'India in Focus' - Sport for Development: Opportunities and Challenges
23rd Sep 2021 2:00pm
- LMS Gradebook Setup
23rd Sep 2021 1:00pm
- Making Readings Social
28th Sep 2021 1:00pm
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am