CANDID are hosting a lunch time meeting with guest speaker Dr Rebecca Flower
- Monday 18 July 2022 01:00 pm until Monday 18 July 2022 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Laena D'Alton
- Presented by:
- Dr Rebecca Flower
- Type of Event:
- Community Event; Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Join the CANDID group in their lunchtime meeting and hear from guest speaker Dr Rebecca Flower.
SPEAKER: Dr Rebecca (Bec) Flower (she/her) is a Lecturer in the Department of Psychology, Counselling, and Therapy and an early career autism researcher primarily exploring equity of access to employment and mental health services for autistic adults. Bec is a first-in-family university graduate and has ADHD. She is passionate about access to education and research and is learning more about how to improve the accessibility of her work. Bec will share stories about her journey from student to lecturer and researcher, and her tips and strategies for successful studying.
Register through our CANDID Expression of Interest form in the booking link above.
Who are CANDID?
CANDID (ChronicAlly ill, NeuroDiverse, Impaired and Disabled) facilitates friendships, develops connections and provides mutual support for students who have experiences of:
- chronic illness
- disability (including mental health)
Carers and allies are also welcome too.
We are a student-led group, supported by AccessAbility and Inclusion team. We currently run a lunchtime Microsoft Teams catch-up on the third Monday of every month.
We discuss topics such as:
- study tips
- exam strategies
- disclosure dilemmas
- assistive technology/apps
- self-care ideas.
We keep in touch between meetings via Microsoft Teams. We are flexible, respectful and responsive.
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
10th Aug 2022 3:00pm
- Building Team Resilience
15th Aug 2022 9:30am
- La Trobe Rural Health School Seminar Series
16th Aug 2022 9:00am
- Human Rights Education about sexual orientation & gender identity in Australian schools, post-marriage equality
17th Aug 2022 4:00pm
- Human Rights in China
17th Aug 2022 5:30pm