Digital Health Community of Practice at La Trobe University - Launch and Introduction
The Digital Health Community of Practice provides a forum for interested members to explore current topics and connect with colleagues from academia and industry. Learn more at this webinar event
- Wednesday 20 October 2021 12:00 pm until Wednesday 20 October 2021 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Urooj R. Khan and Michael Liem
- Presented by:
- Prof James Boyd
- Type of Event:
Digital Health involves technology and information working together to change the way we deliver healthcare. The broad scope of digital health includes mobile health (mHealth), health IT, wearable devices, telehealth/telemedicine, wireless devices/sensors, social networking and personalised medicine. These digital health interventions are recognised as important solutions in tackling the challenges of population growth, an ageing population and the impacts of the COVID pandemic. Developing and using contemporary technologies and digital services are not only changing models of care but offer more innovative and efficient ways to monitor health and wellbeing across the population.
From mobile medical apps to artificial intelligence, digital technology is driving a revolution in health care. Digital health tools have the potential to improve and enhance the delivery of health care. They empower us to track, manage and improve health and care environments, leading to better patient experiences and improved health outcomes.
The Digital Health Community of Practice provides a forum for interested members to explore current topics and connect with colleagues from academia and industry. The aim of this launch event is to develop the format and priority areas for the community of practice to allow us to share knowledge and expertise across all areas of digital health.
Other events by type
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Building Team Resilience
18th Oct 2021 9:30am
- Imagining and remaking PrEP after COVID-19: an evidence-making intervention perspective
20th Oct 2021 4:00pm
- Digital Health Community of Practice at La Trobe University - Launch and Introduction
20th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Spatio-temporal joint species distribution modeling – A community-level basis function approach
21st Oct 2021 12:00pm