Developing Research Collaborations with Chinese Researchers and Research Institutions: The Case of STEM Education
China Studies Research Centre Seminar Series
- Thursday 29 August 2019 02:30 pm until Thursday 29 August 2019 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Jean Zhang
- Presented by:
- Dr Premnadh Kurup, Dr Xia Li and Dr Wu Guohua
- Type of Event:
This presentation will report on our team’s experience in building a collaborative partnership with academic staff at the School of Teacher Education –South China Normal University in Guangzhou, China and the Guangzhou Maker Education Centre in the teaching of STEM education programs. The team also visited Capital Medical University and the Etown Academy in Beijing. The presentation will also introduce our collaborative research findings into pre-service teacher education and STEM education in Guangzhou.
Dr Premnadh Kurup is Lecturer in science/STEM education at La Trobe University and his research interest are building confidence and competence in STEM education, informed decision making and public understanding of science.
Dr Xia Li is a University Statistics Consultant at La Trobe University and her principal research interests are applied statistics and biostatistics.
Dr Wu Guohua is a researcher at Guangdong Polytechnic Normal University, China, and is currently a visiting research fellow at LTU involved in collaborative research project with La Trobe staff on STEM research.
Room 318, ED2
La Trobe University, VIC 3086
Other events by type
- Brazilian research endeavors in gender, violence and health
5th Feb 2020 12:30am
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Our Context, Our Students (Bundoora)
13th Feb 2020 10:00am
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Introduction to LMS (Bundoora)
13th Feb 2020 1:00pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Introduction to LMS (Bendigo)
14th Feb 2020 1:00pm
- Foundations of Learning and Teaching: Our Context, Our Students (Bendigo)
14th Feb 2020 10:00am