Developing Partnerships Between Australian and Indian Universities
Presented in collaboration with the Australia India Institute as part of 'India Week'
- Wednesday 11 August 2021 04:30 pm until Wednesday 11 August 2021 05:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Forum/symposium; Public
In 2019 a formal agreement between La Trobe University in Australia, the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and the Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani established the Asian Smart Cities Research and Innovation Network (ASCRIN). This network facilitates and enables the development of strong partnerships required to support ‘smart cities’ through a collaborative and comprehensive approach, incorporating input from governments, universities and industry partners.
This event will look at the successes of ASCRIN and how it can be a model for partnership, as well as the importance of international collaboration when implementing real world impact and providing social and public goods.
- Professor Aniruddha Desai, Founding Director of ASCRIN, La Trobe University
- Professor Susan Dodds, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Industry Engagement), La Trobe University
- Professor Yogesh M Joshi, Dean of International Relations, IIT Kanpur
- Professor Sudhirkumar Barai, Director Pilani Campus and Director International Programs & Collaborations, BITS Pilani
Chair: Dr Rebecca Strating, Executive Director, La Trobe Asia
This event is part of 'India Week' in collaboration with the Australia India Institute.
Other events by type
- The Shortest History of China
28th Sep 2021 5:00pm
- Vietnam’s Strategic Challenge
29th Sep 2021 2:00pm
- Thought Leadership – What employers want in business today
29th Sep 2021 5:30pm
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Asian Monarchies in the Modern Age
12th Oct 2021 5:00pm