Creating Cultural Safety for First Nations People – Understanding Attachment Networks
Explore child and adolescent development and attachment within a collectivist framework and optimize experiences to assist with engagement when working therapeutically with First Nations people.
- Wednesday 06 April 2022 10:00 am until Wednesday 06 April 2022 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Alison Elliott, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
This free webinar aims to address Culturally Safe Trauma Informed Practices in our work with First Nations Communities. Throughout the session, you will explore child and adolescent development and attachment within a collectivist framework and optimize experiences to assist with engagement. The webinar will emphasise the crucial role of asking questions to guide the process.
Practitioners working with First Nations families and Collectivist cultures will find the ideas and emphasis in this workshop to be helpful and supportive.
- Develop an understanding of the nature and significance of Child and Adolescent development and attachment theory within a Collectivist framework
- Look at the crucial role of questions to guide the process of engaging First Nations People.
- Develop or enhance your appreciation of the aetiology of trauma and understand the impact of colonisation on attachment processes for First Nations People.
- Form a common language and strength-based framework for understanding and responding to the needs of community members and facilitating Cultural safety and wellbeing in our work.
6 April 2022
10.00am to 12.00pm (AEST)
What you can expect
- An opportunity for discussion and questions relating to culturally safe practice and Collectivist culture attachment networks
- An opportunity to critique existing mainstream knowledge and practices alongside culturally safe ideas
Other events by type
- Implementing culturally safe midwifery care for First Nations women
6th Jul 2022 12:30pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
13th Jul 2022 3:00pm
- Introduction to Family Therapy
14th Jul 2022 9:30am
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
14th Jul 2022 5:00pm
- Ideas & Society Program: Russia’s War on Ukraine
21st Jul 2022 5:00am