Creating Cultural Safety for First Nations People – Understanding Attachment Networks
Explore child and adolescent development and attachment within a collectivist framework and optimize experiences to assist with engagement when working therapeutically with First Nations people.
- Wednesday 06 April 2022 10:00 am until Wednesday 06 April 2022 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Alison Elliott, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
This free webinar aims to address Culturally Safe Trauma Informed Practices in our work with First Nations Communities. Throughout the session, you will explore child and adolescent development and attachment within a collectivist framework and optimize experiences to assist with engagement. The webinar will emphasise the crucial role of asking questions to guide the process.
Practitioners working with First Nations families and Collectivist cultures will find the ideas and emphasis in this workshop to be helpful and supportive.
- Develop an understanding of the nature and significance of Child and Adolescent development and attachment theory within a Collectivist framework
- Look at the crucial role of questions to guide the process of engaging First Nations People.
- Develop or enhance your appreciation of the aetiology of trauma and understand the impact of colonisation on attachment processes for First Nations People.
- Form a common language and strength-based framework for understanding and responding to the needs of community members and facilitating Cultural safety and wellbeing in our work.
6 April 2022
10.00am to 12.00pm (AEST)
What you can expect
- An opportunity for discussion and questions relating to culturally safe practice and Collectivist culture attachment networks
- An opportunity to critique existing mainstream knowledge and practices alongside culturally safe ideas
Other events by type
- Socioecological perspectives to wellbeing in the perinatal period
7 Dec 2022 12:30 pm
- LaTrobe Digital Health Community of Practice Event: Real World digital health tools – improving patient care
7 Dec 2022 12:00 pm
- Clinical Educator CPD webinar | What can Allied Health Education learn from Medical Education?
8 Dec 2022 2:00 pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
14 Dec 2022 3:00 pm
- One of the lasses? Attitudes to trans inclusion and safety in gender-based violence support services
15 Feb 2023 4:00 pm