Climate Network New Series: The Way We Work: My Green Lab
La Trobe Climate Network’s new series ‘The Way We Work’ explores what else we can do to further reduce our carbon footprint. Join us for our first discussion on 'My Green Lab'
- Tuesday 30 June 2020 11:00 am until Tuesday 30 June 2020 12:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Katie Holmes
- Presented by:
- Bob Fynan, Rachael Relph and Eduard Willms
- Type of Event:
- Community Event; Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
La Trobe University has made impressive strides in its commitment to be carbon neutral by 2029 and we are ranked No. 4 in the world for work towards realising the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. The Climate Network’s new series ‘The Way We Work’ explores what else we can do to further reduce our carbon footprint.
Our first webinar will discuss the concept of the Green Lab. The laboratories on our campuses are the university’s largest energy-consuming and resource-intensive facilities. We therefore have to critically look at changes that can be made to reduce their contribution. As part of this effort, Professor Andrew Hill’s lab is currently certifying as the first My Green Lab in Australia. My Green Lab is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the sustainability of scientific research. In this session we will hear from three speakers that are involved in the certification. The short talks will be followed by a panel discussion after which there is time for questions and discussion.
- Bob Fynan (Environmental Adviser – La Trobe University)
- Rachael Relph (Chief Sustainability Officer – My Green Lab)
- Eduard Willms (Postdoctoral researcher – Hill Lab)
Please reserve your attendance via email to email@example.com and a Zoom link will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you online!
Other events by type
- Danica Chappell: PHOTO 2021
27th Jan 2021 10:00am
- Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
25th Feb 2021 11:00am
- Effective mixed-mode assessment and feedback
26th Feb 2021 11:00am
- Impact of pregnancy complications on breast milk, breastfeeding and infant outcomes
3rd Mar 2021 12:30pm
- Could Taiwan be the next Global Flashpoint?
3rd Mar 2021 10:00am