Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
Learn how to confidently teach a mixed-mode class and to create a high-quality, equitable learning experience for all your students.
- Tuesday 27 July 2021 02:00 pm until Tuesday 27 July 2021 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Ying Yu & David Scrimgeour
- Type of Event:
Teaching some students in person and some online in the same classroom has been a common practice for many universities long before COVID had us adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Mixed-mode teaching presents some challenges but can also offer opportunities to rethink the purpose of synchronous sessions and develop activities that make learning more engaging for everyone in the class.
This session will offer some practical advice about teaching in the mixed-mode class.
Participants will be able to learn more about :
- setting up and planning a mixed-mode class
- strategies for teaching in mixed mode
- accessing resources and help
The session will also enable you to teach your mixed-mode class more confidently and create a high-quality, equitable learning experience for all your students.
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm