Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
Learn how to confidently teach a mixed-mode class and to create a high-quality, equitable learning experience for all your students.
- Wednesday 20 January 2021 12:30 pm until Wednesday 20 January 2021 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Ying Yu & David Scrimgeour
- Type of Event:
Teaching some students in person and some online in the same classroom has been a common practice for many universities long before COVID had us adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Mixed-mode teaching presents some challenges but can also offer opportunities to rethink the purpose of synchronous sessions and develop activities that make learning more engaging for everyone in the class.
This session will offer some practical advice about teaching in the mixed-mode class.
Participants will be able to learn more about :
- setting up and planning a mixed-mode class
- strategies for teaching in mixed mode
- accessing resources and help
The session will enable you to teach your mixed-mode class more confidently and create a high-quality, equitable learning experience for all your students.
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
20th Jan 2021 12:30pm
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
20th Jan 2021 2:30pm
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
11th Feb 2021
- Understanding the impediments to uptake and diffusion of take-home naloxone in Australia: Report launch and findings from a large qualitative study
17th Feb 2021 4:00pm
- International Women's Day 2021
8th Mar 2021