Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
Learn how to confidently teach a mixed-mode class and to create a high-quality, equitable learning experience for all your students.
- Wednesday 21 July 2021 03:30 pm until Wednesday 21 July 2021 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Ying Yu & David Scrimgeour
- Type of Event:
Teaching some students in person and some online in the same classroom has been a common practice for many universities long before COVID had us adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Mixed-mode teaching presents some challenges but can also offer opportunities to rethink the purpose of synchronous sessions and develop activities that make learning more engaging for everyone in the class.
This session will offer some practical advice about teaching in the mixed-mode class.
Participants will be able to learn more about :
- setting up and planning a mixed-mode class
- strategies for teaching in mixed mode
- accessing resources and help
The session will also enable you to teach your mixed-mode class more confidently and create a high-quality, equitable learning experience for all your students.
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.