Choose Clever: Engineering
We'll prepare you to work in roles that demand global thinking, innovation and technical expertise. Discover more in three enriching workshops.
- Thursday 27 September 2018 08:45 am until Thursday 27 September 2018 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students
email@example.com; 1300 135 045
- Presented by:
- Department of Engineering
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information
We've worked with industry to develop degrees that address the growing complexity of the engineering profession. As new industries and technologies emerge, engineers are expected to be more versatile – able to work internationally and across traditional engineering disciplines.
Workshops you can choose from:
- Robotic Arm: This workshop looks at concepts of Robotic Gripper development. Students have the opportunity to partially assemble the unit and program it using Arduino code so that it can mimic an industrial pick and place robot.
- Transmission of Electrical Power: In this investigation students safely investigate the transmission of electrical power using a kit model that simulates long distance power transmission through resistive transmission lines.
- Build a Stable Bridge: Besides maintaining the safety and serviceability of structures, the profession of Civil Engineering typically embodies economy and efficiency. This workshop challenges students to apply knowledge of balancing forces to design and build an economic bridge structure.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- La Trobe Abroad Information September Session: regional campuses
18th Sep 2018 12:00pm
- Aristophanes: Sex and Politics on Stage
20th Sep 2018 6:00pm
- La Trobe Abroad Information September Session: Bundoora
20th Sep 2018 10:00am
- Embracing the F-word: has feminism had its day?
20th Sep 2018 6:30pm
- Choose Clever: Law and Criminology
24th Sep 2018 12:45pm