Choose Clever: Engineering
We'll prepare you to work in roles that demand global thinking, innovation and technical expertise. Discover more in three enriching workshops.
- Thursday 27 September 2018 08:45 am until Thursday 27 September 2018 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students
firstname.lastname@example.org; 1300 135 045
- Presented by:
- Department of Engineering
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information
We've worked with industry to develop degrees that address the growing complexity of the engineering profession. As new industries and technologies emerge, engineers are expected to be more versatile – able to work internationally and across traditional engineering disciplines.
Workshops you can choose from:
- Robotic Arm: This workshop looks at concepts of Robotic Gripper development. Students have the opportunity to partially assemble the unit and program it using Arduino code so that it can mimic an industrial pick and place robot.
- Transmission of Electrical Power: In this investigation students safely investigate the transmission of electrical power using a kit model that simulates long distance power transmission through resistive transmission lines.
- Build a Stable Bridge: Besides maintaining the safety and serviceability of structures, the profession of Civil Engineering typically embodies economy and efficiency. This workshop challenges students to apply knowledge of balancing forces to design and build an economic bridge structure.
Registrations are now closed for this event.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Discussion with Tony Ellwood and Karen Quinlan on Escher X Nendo
21st Nov 2018 1:00pm
- The Honourable Julie Bishop MP on politics, leadership and the Liberal party
22nd Nov 2018 6:30pm
- Visiting Scholar: Marilyn Cochran-Smith
26th Nov 2018 6:00pm
- National and Local Family Violence Initiatives
27th Nov 2018 1:00pm
- 2018 Women in Leadership Shepparton
28th Nov 2018 6:30pm