Choose Clever: Business (Marketing, Accounting and Finance)
Become innovative, responsible and engaged in the La Trobe Business School. Discover more about accounting, finance and marketing with three of our enriching workshops.
- Monday 24 September 2018 08:45 am until Monday 24 September 2018 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students
email@example.com; 1300 135 045
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Business School
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information
Business (Accounting and Finance) combines a strong foundation in business, with a double major in accounting and finance. You'll graduate with a professionally accredited major in accounting as well as knowledge and skills in corporate finance, international finance, risk management and investment and portfolio management.
Business (Marketing) seeks to equip undergraduates with the skills and knowledge required for a career as a marketing manager or related marketing positions. It is designed to provide competencies and skills that are internationally transferable.
Workshops you can choose from:
- Hands-on Accounting & Bloomberg Trading Room: A particular focus of Accounting is the use of information technology in the preparation of accounting information as well as the management of information systems. In this workshop, you will build hands-on Accounting skills using cloud-based software for the preparation and presentation of information. You’ll also get to step inside our simulated Bloomberg trading room and get hands on experience in real-time stock, bond and commodity prices and news on companies, industries and global markets. This industry standard software prepares our students for the job market and is the first of its kind in Victorian Universities.
- Brands and Me: This workshop looks at how consumers think, feel and behave and how this affects the way brands are marketed to us. We will explore how brands affect our lives and cast a critical eye over each other’s consumption habits. We might watch a few cool ads too.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Master of Health Information Management Webinar
29th Apr 2019 6:00pm
- Master of Marketing and Master of Digital Marketing Communications Webinar
30th Apr 2019 6:00pm
- Can we win the war against hate? Tackling online hate and extremism after Christchurch
2nd May 2019 5:30pm
- Post-truth politics: make your vote count
2nd May 2019 6:30pm
6th May 2019 10:00am