China and the power of Xi Jinping
Presented by La Trobe Asia both in-person and online
- Friday 03 February 2023 04:00 pm until Friday 03 February 2023 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
Xi Jinping has secured a historic third term as general secretary with unmatched political authority. This has given China a new drive to retain its position as a global superpower, and a desire to restore what Xi believes is China’s natural position of leadership in the world.
As China attempts to reassert itself after harsh covid-19 lock-downs, what is driving Chinese foreign policy under current President Xi. What is his vision for China in the world? And what are the implications of President Xi’s agenda for other states in the region?
An event to celebrate Professor Suisheng Zhao's new book The Dragon Roars Back - Transformational Leaders and Dynamics of Chinese Foreign Policy, published by Stanford University.
- Professor Suisheng Zhao, Director, Center for China-US Cooperation, University of Denver
- Dr Yangbin Chen, Coordinator, Chinese Studies Program, La Trobe University
- Dr Dan Hu, Research Fellow, Centre for Contemporary Chinese Studies, University of Melbourne
Associate Professor Bec Strating, Director, La Trobe Asia
This is a hybrid event and will also be online for people unable to attend in-person.
To attend IN-PERSON register HERE
To attend ONLINE register HERE
Room 2.11, Level 2
360 Collins Street, Melbourne
Other events by type
- PVSeminar #50
8 June 2023 5:00 pm
- The Politics of Indian History
8 June 2023 2:00 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar 14 June
14 June 2023 3:00 pm
- Queering Survival: Reconceptualising healing beyond heteronormative and cisnormative frames
14 June 2023 4:00 pm
- History of the Filipino-Australian Diaspora and Philippine Migration
23 June 2023 2:00 pm