Centre for Materials and Surface Science Open House
La Trobe Research Week 2018: CMSS Open House tours.
- Tuesday 28 August 2018 10:00 am (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Research Community
- Presented by:
- Centre for Materials and Surface Science
- Type of Event:
- Future Student: Postgraduate; Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Current Student: Careers; Public
Join us for a presentation titled "Exploring surfaces and interfaces" at 10am in the La Trobe University VisLab by Associate Professor Paul Pigram, director of the Centre for Materials and Surface Science (CMSS).
After the presentation, visitors will have the opportunity to tour the CMSS labs and find out more about the centre's research methods and equipment.
Paul Pigram is a Reader and Associate Professor in Physics at La Trobe University. He is the director of the Centre for Materials and Surface Science (CMSS), a centre hosting a world class surface analytical capability including XPS, ToF-SIMS, UPS, AFM (ambient), UHV SPM, contact angle analysis and a variety of physical characterisation resources. Paul’s group, through CMSS, has worked with around 25 universities, 5 government laboratories and 40 companies in Australia and abroad over the past fifteen years.
His research interests are directed to understanding interactions at surfaces, the creation of functional molecular structures including polymeric sensors, tailored surface chemistries and nanoparticles for drug delivery, and molecular characterisation of these surfaces.
Centre for Materials and Surface Science
The Centre for Materials and Surface Science (CMSS), located at La Trobe University's Melbourne Campus, is an interdisciplinary research centre that brings together experts across physics, chemistry, materials science and electronic engineering. It offers Australia’s most comprehensive suite of Surface Science and Surface Analysis equipment. Find out more about the centre.
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd & Kingsbury Dr, Bundoora VIC 3086
Other events by type
- Australian Print Triennial - Mungo Exhibition
17th Jan 2019 10:00am
- Strong laws under trimming – a comparison between iid random variables and dynamical systems
22nd Feb 2019 12:00pm
- La Trobe University Orientation 2019, Melbourne Campus
25th Feb 2019
- Twilight Tour of La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary
25th Feb 2019 8:30pm
- Orientation 2019, La Trobe University Bendigo Campus
25th Feb 2019