Branding Yourself For Career Success In The Australian Job Market
Join us for an exclusive professional development event for international alumni and students
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 05:45 pm until Wednesday 14 November 2018 08:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Alumni and Advancement
firstname.lastname@example.org; 03 9479 2011
- Presented by:
- La Trobe International, the Alumni and Advancement Office and Student Success
- Type of Event:
- Future Student: International undergraduate; Future Student: International postgraduate; Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Current Student: Careers; Alumni; Seminar/Workshop/Training
- Free but registrations are essential
- Attached documents:
- Event Presentation [PDF, 5.3 MB]
Investing in your professional development is one of the best ways to advance your career, and having a strong personal brand can open limitless opportunities and career acceleration. Just like the time and energy you put into earning a degree, taking the time to understand and articulate your personal brand can help you reach the next level in your career.
This exclusive professional development event has been designed for international students who have remained in Melbourne after completing their studies at La Trobe.
Presented by expert alumni career coaches in conjunction with La Trobe International, the Alumni and Advancement Office and Student Success, this event is one not to be missed!
What to expect at the event:
At this interactive event you will learn how to develop, understand and be your authentic self, articulate the value you can bring to a company and get tips to confidently network and engage with potential employers to help you stand out from the crowd.
Whether you are looking to advance your career or get your foot in the door, this event will provide practical takeaways that you can implement immediately to enhance your employability.
Guest speakers for the evening include:
* Ms Kelly Magowan, La Trobe alumnae, Career and Executive Coach, MBA Coach, Leadership Development Professional, Workshop Facilitator, Business Advisor and Director of Diversitas
* Mr Warren Frehse, La Trobe alumnus, Career Transition Strategist, Graduate Future-Readiness Expert, Multi-Sector HR Leader, Author and Media Contributor
* Professor Jessica Vanderlelie, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Student Success, La Trobe University
What is personal branding?
Your personal brand is the unique combination of your skills, relevant qualifications and experiences that make you, You. Effective personal branding will differentiate you from other professionals in your field.
Key takeaways will include how to:
* Conduct a personal brand assessment
* Articulate your brand and your value proposition to employers
* Confidently and effective network
* Be proactive in approaching employers including soft skills for success
* Approach small-medium firms and larger enterprises for a job
This event will include a networking element for you to test our your newly acquired skills over delicious food and drinks.
Be sure to register today to secure your place. Limited places available.
Isabelle Fraser Room, State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street, Melbourne
Other events by type
- Digital data collection: Innovative approaches in harnessing technology to examine sexual health among LGBTI populations
6th Feb 2019 1:00pm
- Walking on the Ceiling: The Amazing Worlds of M. C. Escher
7th Feb 2019 6:00pm
- La Trobe University Orientation 2019, Melbourne Campus
25th Feb 2019
- Orientation 2019, La Trobe University Bendigo Campus
25th Feb 2019
- Orientation 2019, La Trobe University Mildura Campus
26th Feb 2019