Online event: Biomedicine in our daily life - Oestrogens, Fish, Frogs, and Water Bottles Webinar
Xeno-oestrogens are everywhere, in plastics, foods, detergents, pharmaceuticals, shampoos - everywhere! Learn about how our long-term exposure to a high estrogen environment can cause many health problems, like cancer. It’s not good news for fish or frogs either, so what we can do about it?
- Thursday 14 May 2020 04:00 pm until Thursday 14 May 2020 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students Centre
1300 134 045
- Presented by:
- Michael Angove
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information
Xeno-oestrogens are organic molecules that behave like the female estrogen hormone. They are everywhere - in plastics, foods, detergents, pharmaceuticals, and shampoo. Our long-term exposure to a high estrogen environment can cause many health problems, like cancers. It’s not good news for our aquatic life either that swim in water contaminated by these pollutants.
In this webinar you’ll find out more about xeno-oestrogens, where they are found in our everyday life and how we can manage our use and look to the future.
This webinar will highlight elements from our Bachelor of Biomedical Science.
Attend the webinar for your chance to win a $1000 techpack.
La Trobe University, Melbourne Campus
Other events by type
- La Trobe Aspire Early Admissions: Applications 101
13th Apr 2021 5:00pm
- Study in Australia Digital Expo - 13 April 2021
13th Apr 2021 3:30pm
- Master of Nursing (Acute Care) webinar
13th Apr 2021 4:30pm
- Study in Australia Digital Expo - 14 April 2021
14th Apr 2021 3:30pm
- Study in Australia Digital Expo - 15 April 2021
15th Apr 2021 3:30pm