The 8th Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference
The Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference’s objective is to facilitate the dissemination and generation of research on topical problems in Finance that are addressed from various perspectives.
- Monday 24 September 2018 09:00 am until Wednesday 26 September 2018 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Conference team
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Business School, Department of Economics and Finance
- Type of Event:
- Attached documents:
- 8th BFCM Conference Program [PDF, 638.6 KB]
- 8th BFCM Conference Program [Word, 29.0 KB]
Call for papers
The Finance Discipline at La Trobe University Business School in collaboration with the Business School of the University of Queensland is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for the 8th Conference on Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets inviting finance scholars, practitioners and research students to participate. The event will be held on the City Campus of La Trobe University in 360 Collins Street, Melbourne on Monday and Tuesday 24-26 of September 2018. Tuesday afternoon will provide opportunities for networking with a planned networking activity. The networking activity will culminate with a gala dinner in a spectacular local restaurant in the beautiful Mornington Peninsula.
The Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets conference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners and to present state-of-the-art research in the fields of Behavioural Finance, Experimental Finance and Capital Markets/Market Microstructure. The conference showcases cutting-edge research by two keynote speakers who are both internationally distinguished scholars specialising in Behavioural Finance, Market Microstructure and Empirical Finance: Prof. Avanidhar (Subra) Subrahmanyam – a Distinguished Professor of Finance, Goldyne and Irwin Hearsh Chair in Money and Banking (UCLA) and Prof. Tālis J. Putniņš (University of Technology Sydney and Stockholm School of Economics in Riga). The conference will also feature three unique Finance Industry Forums. The topics of the panel discussions this year are: (i) ‘The Intersection of Ethics, Neuroscience and Behavioural Finance in the Digital World’; (ii) ‘The Future of Investing, Lending and Regulation’ and; (iii) ‘The Future of Sustainable Investment and Environmental Finance’.
The Behavioural Finance and Capital Markets Conference’s objective is to facilitate the dissemination and generation of research on topical problems in Finance that are addressed from various perspectives. Presenters are encouraged to submit newly finished papers that cater to the broad audience of delegates comprised of scholars, research students, industry professionals, market regulators and policymakers.
Best Paper Awards
- AU$1,500 for best paper sponsored by Capital Markets CRC
- AU$1,500 for the best paper using SIRCA data sponsored by SIRCA
- AU$1,500 for best paper presented by a PhD student sponsored by Amery Partners Investment Management
Papers must be submitted by email to BFCM@latrobe.edu.au by 6 July 2018.
Potential conference presenters are required to submit two electronic copies of their paper. Submission details are as follows:
- A full paper with authors’ names: The title paper must include the presentation title, authors’ names, short abstract of about 100 words, the presenting author's name, title, affiliation, email address with the affiliation of all additional co-authors. The file format is a pdf (.pdf).
- A full paper without authors’ names: As in (i) a full version of the paper with no author details included in. That is, all identifiable information of any author(s) must be excluded from the text and properties of the file saved as a pdf (.pdf) format.
Closing date for paper submissions: 6 July 2018
Notification of acceptance: 20 July 2018
Registration deadline for accepted authors: 13 August 2018
|Ticket type||Earlybird tickets||Standard tickets|
|Faculty/Practitioner full conference ticket (incl. networking event and dinner)||AU$400 (until 23 August 2018)||AU$500 (24 August – 17 September 2018)|
|Conference networking activity and gala dinner only||N/A||AU$250 (until 17 September 2018)|
|Faculty/Practitioner single day registration (Day 1 or Day 2 or Day 3) conference registration||AU$150 ( until 23 August 2018)||AU$200 (24 August – 17 September 2018)|
|PhD student full conference registration (incl. of networking event and dinner)||AU$250 (until 23 August 2018)||AU$300 (24 August – 17 September 2018)|
|PhD student single day (Day 1 or Day 2 or Day 3: 9am-5pm)||N/A||Academic ticket - AU$50|
Conference email: BFCM@latrobe.edu.au
Prof. Petko Kalev - P.Kalev@latrobe.edu.au,
Associate Prof. Barry Oliver B.Oliver@business.uq.edu.au
Dr Jing Zhao - J.Zhao@latrobe.edu.au
Dr Lily Nguyen - Lily.Nguyen@latrobe.edu.au,
La Trobe University, City Campus
360 Collins Street, Melbourne
Other events by type
- Hybrid Threats and the Asia-Pacific Region Symposium
25th Mar 2019 9:00am
- The Australian Society of Plant Scientists (ASPS) conference 2019 and Grains Satellite meeting
26th Mar 2019
- Hard Yards Conference 2019 - Disruptive pedagogies for marginalised learner
30th May 2019 9:30am
- Chinese Studies Association of Australia the 16th Biennial Conference
1st Jul 2019 9:00am
- 7th CR3+ Conference
24th Oct 2019