Australian Foreign Policy in a contested Indo-Pacific Region
Keynote Address from the Hon Julie Bishop MP, Minister for Foreign Affairs followed by a La Trobe University panel discussion.
- Wednesday 11 April 2018 07:15 am until Wednesday 11 April 2018 09:30 am (Add to calendar)
- University Events
- Presented by:
- The Ideas & Society Program and La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Public Lecture; Public
- $35 General / $25 Alumni & Staff/ $15 Students
7.15 am Event Registration and light breakfast commences
8.00 am Event starts
The future of the Indo-Pacific region is being buffeted by an array of complex forces including the return of great power rivalry, rising illiberalism, and growing nationalism. La Trobe University is privileged to be able to host Australia’s Foreign Minister, the Hon Julie Bishop MP, who will deliver the first keynote address in Australia on foreign policy since the publication of the Turnbull Government’s foreign policy White Paper in November 2017.
Minister Bishop has been invited to discuss the significant foreign policy challenges Australia is facing in the Indo-Pacific and how Australia can promote its interests in the fast-changing regional and international environment.
The Foreign Minister’s address will be followed by a La Trobe University panel discussion with Professor Nick Bisley, Head of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences; Vice-Chancellor’s Fellow Tony Walker, and Dr Rebecca Strating lecturer in international relations in the Department of Politics, Media and Philosophy.
123 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000
Other events by type
8th Jul 2019 10:00am
- La Trobe Classics in the City 2019: Cleopatra VII from Alexandria to Hollywood
22nd Aug 2019 6:00pm
- Open Day Sydney Campus
22nd Aug 2019 4:00pm
- The Indo-Pacific and Australia’s East-West Perspectives
22nd Aug 2019 2:30pm
- Open Day Bendigo Campus
25th Aug 2019 10:00am