The workshop will draw upon theory and scholarship in assessment good practice to provide practical strategies to support ongoing improvement in your practice, as well as supporting you to reflect on how good practice principles currently inform your teaching.
- Thursday 07 October 2021 11:00 am until Thursday 07 October 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- David Scrimgeour, Nauman Saeed & Dallas Wingrove
- Type of Event:
This workshop will explore good practice principles in assessment design. You will have the opportunity to share lessons learnt with your peers and be supported to validate and expand your knowledge of what good practice in assessment practice online in tertiary education looks like and how to make this happen. The workshop will draw upon theory and scholarship in assessment good practice to provide practical strategies to support ongoing improvement in your practice, as well as supporting you to reflect on how good practice principles currently inform your teaching.
We will explore:
- key principles that promote good practice in the design and implementation of assessment
- how to embed good practice assessment principles in the design and implementation of effective assessment
- our colleagues’ experiences of designing and implementing assessments and lessons learnt
The objectives of this session are to enable you to:
- Validate and expand your knowledge of good practice principles in designing and implementing assessment
- Enhance your understanding of the benefits and recommended practices when using/adapting different assessment types across a broad typology
- Share and reflect on your assessment practice in collaboration with your peers
- Harness your reflections and learning to inform goal setting for ongoing improvement
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- Clinical Supervision Training
11th May 2022
- Group Reflective Practice
19th May 2022 9:30am
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Indonesia's fight for a law against sexual violence - Seminar # 5
26th May 2022 2:00pm
- Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
1st Jun 2022 12:30pm
- 'Indonesia in Focus' - Welfare-to-work Reform in Indonesia - Seminar # 6
2nd Jun 2022 2:00pm