Art Forum: Graeme Drendel
Our Art Forum is a weekly public lecture series for La Trobe students and open to the community
- Wednesday 13 September 2017 11:00 am until Wednesday 13 September 2017 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kylie Banyard
(03) 5051 4025; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented by:
- Graeme Drendel
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Community Event
The series is presented across the Mildura and Bendigo campuses and features an exciting line up of nationally recognised artists. This series is presented in partnership with Mildura Arts Centre.
Victorian born Graeme Drendel's figurative works are meditations on the isolated individual, often within the stark Australian landscape. His subjects are figures of solitude and introspection, even when depicted in groups or clusters. Their expression and attire are suggestive of larger obscured narratives, left to the viewer to decipher. His work has been included in several group exhibitions including the Alice Prize (1985) and the Sulman Prize (2002). His work is held in the collections of Artbank, Newcastle Regional Gallery and the Bundannon Trust.
This lecture will take place at the Mildura Campus and video conferenced to Business room 133 at the Bendigo Campus.
Brian Grogan Lecture Theatre
La Trobe University - Mildura Campus
Other events by type
29th May 2018
- Exhibiting Culture New Histories
2nd Jul 2018
- Accelerator Program Informational Forum - Shepparton
3rd Jul 2018 5:30pm
- Artist Forum: Exhibiting Culture: New Histories
4th Jul 2018 11:00am
- Challenges Facing Australian Governance
16th Jul 2018 6:30pm