Are fathers the sleeping giants of maternity care?
This seminar is hosted by the Judith Lumley Centre, La Trobe University.
- Wednesday 01 June 2022 12:30 pm until Wednesday 01 June 2022 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Stacey Hokke, Judith Lumley Centre, La Trobe University
- Presented by:
- Steven Kennedy, Prepare Foundation and Birthing Dads
- Type of Event:
Join via zoom: https://latrobe.zoom.us/s/86461108677
Steven Kennedy has lived experience of birth trauma and postnatal depression following the birth of his son in 2017. After extensive research Steven founded the PREPARE Foundation and Birthing Dads, created to encourage prospective fathers to engage in pregnancy, birth and early parenting, and began developing ground-breaking resources that help to define the role of fathers in perinatal health.
Steven believes that perinatal outcomes can be significantly improved by strategically engaging fathers during pregnancy and is currently training to become a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator.
The Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminars are free and open to all. Held on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Other events by type
- Supporting parents to optimise children’s outcomes from brain injury
5th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
12th Oct 2022 2:30pm
- Single Session Thinking in Practice
20th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Social Change and Equity: Building Industry Partnerships
20th Oct 2022 10:00am
- Adolescent Family Violence: Systemic Interventions with Families
20th Oct 2022 9:30am