Anthropocene Reading Group - Wet Ontologies, Fluid Spaces: Giving Depth to Volume through Oceanic Thinking
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 17 October 2023 01:00 pm until Friday 17 November 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: Philip Steinberg and Kimberley Peters, ‘Wet Ontologies, Fluid Spaces: Giving Depth to Volume through Oceanic Thinking’ (2015) 33 Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 247-264.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
Other events by type
- Supporting autistic children with feeding challenges
29 Mar 2023 12:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Between Facticity and Normativity
4 Apr 2023 1:00 pm
- Papua New Guinea Midwifery Leadership Buddy Program
5 Apr 2023 12:30 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar Series
12 Apr 2023 3:00 pm
- The Assessment & Management of Running Injuries Symposium
14 Apr 2023 3:30 pm