Anthropocene Reading Group - Wet Ontologies, Fluid Spaces: Giving Depth to Volume through Oceanic Thinking
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 17 October 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 17 October 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: Philip Steinberg and Kimberley Peters, ‘Wet Ontologies, Fluid Spaces: Giving Depth to Volume through Oceanic Thinking’ (2015) 33 Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 247-264.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
Other events by type
- Science communication in a public health emergency
6 Dec 2023 12:30 pm
- Laryngeal Surgery for Voice Modification
7 Dec 2023 7:00 pm
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): An Introduction
2 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Unconstrained: The theory and practice of ecological dynamics in sport
5 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): A Refresher
6 Feb 2024 10:00 am