Anthropocene Reading Group - We Have Lost Yardsticks by Which to Measure
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 05 September 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 05 September 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: Adeline Johns-Putra, ‘“We Have Lost Yardsticks by Which to Measure”: Arendtian Ethics and the Narration of Scale in the Anthropocene’ in Gabriele Dürbeck and Philip Hüpkes(eds), Narratives of Scalein the Anthropocene: Imagining Human Responsibility in an Age of Scalar Complexity (2022) 127-142.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Online Seminar
11 Aug 2023 3:00 pm
- Maritime Security and Hedging in the South China Sea
26 Sept 2023 11:00 am
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Infrastructure and Non-human Life: A Wider Ontology
3 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Wet Ontologies, Fluid Spaces: Giving Depth to Volume through Oceanic Thinking
17 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - The Ideal River: How Control of Nature Shaped the International Legal Order
31 Oct 2023 1:00 pm