Anthropocene Reading Group - The Ideal River: How Control of Nature Shaped the International Legal Order
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 31 October 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 31 October 2023 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: [Excerpt] Joanne Yao, The Ideal River: How Control of Nature Shaped the International Legal Order (forthcoming).
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
Other events by type
- Science communication in a public health emergency
6 Dec 2023 12:30 pm
- Laryngeal Surgery for Voice Modification
7 Dec 2023 7:00 pm
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): An Introduction
2 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Unconstrained: The theory and practice of ecological dynamics in sport
5 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): A Refresher
6 Feb 2024 10:00 am