Anthropocene Reading Group - Opening Propositions and The Elusiveness of Place
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 19 September 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 19 September 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Doreen Massey, ‘Opening Propositions’ and ‘The Elusiveness of Place’ in For Space (2005) 9-16; 130-142.
Interesting Massey Interview: https://www.socialsciencespace.com/2013/02/podcastdoreen-massey-on-space/
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
Other events by type
- Anthropocene Reading Group - The Difficulty of Being Modern
21 Mar 2023 1:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Between Facticity and Normativity
4 Apr 2023 1:00 pm
- Papua New Guinea Midwifery Leadership Buddy Program
5 Apr 2023 12:30 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar Series
12 Apr 2023 3:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Spacetime Re(con)figurings: Naturalcultural Forces and Changing Topologies of Power
18 Apr 2023 1:00 pm