Anthropocene Reading Group - The Difficulty of Being Modern
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 21 March 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 21 March 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: Dipesh Chakrabarty, ‘The Difficulty of Being Modern’ in The Climate of History in a Planetary Age (2021) 95-113.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
In Semester 1 2023, our readings include a focus on the work of Professor Margaret Davies, in anticipation of a Workshop and Masterclass at La Trobe Law School on 20-21 July 2023. Stay tuned for details.
Other events by type
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Between Facticity and Normativity
4 Apr 2023 1:00 pm
- Papua New Guinea Midwifery Leadership Buddy Program
5 Apr 2023 12:30 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar Series
12 Apr 2023 3:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Spacetime Re(con)figurings: Naturalcultural Forces and Changing Topologies of Power
18 Apr 2023 1:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Political Desirings: Yearnings for Mattering (,) Differently
2 May 2023 1:00 pm