Anthropocene Reading Group - Geolaw as Flow and Stasis & Law, Nature, and Legal Theory
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 30 May 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 30 May 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: Margaret Davies, ‘Geolaw as Flow and Stasis’ and ‘Law, Nature, and Legal Theory’ in EcoLaw: Legality, Life, and the Normativity of Nature (2022) 72-87; 88-103.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
In Semester 1 2023, our readings include a focus on the work of Professor Margaret Davies, in anticipation of a Workshop and Masterclass at La Trobe Law School on 20-21 July 2023. Stay tuned for details.
Other events by type
- Maritime Security and Hedging in the South China Sea
26 Sept 2023 11:00 am
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Infrastructure and Non-human Life: A Wider Ontology
3 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Wet Ontologies, Fluid Spaces: Giving Depth to Volume through Oceanic Thinking
17 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - The Ideal River: How Control of Nature Shaped the International Legal Order
31 Oct 2023 1:00 pm