Anthropocene Reading Group - A New Living Law
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 16 May 2023 01:00 pm until Tuesday 16 May 2023 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Roanna McClelland
- Presented by:
- Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell
- Type of Event:
In 2023, we are exploring texts that consider relationships between law and the inhuman, law in/as nature, and more-than-human communities and relations.
Our focus for this week will be: Margaret Davies, ‘A New Living Law’ in EcoLaw: Legality, Life, and the Normativity of Nature (2022) 16-37.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is co-convened by Roanna McClelland and Dr Kathleen Birrell. We meet fortnightly, online.
Please email email@example.com to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
In Semester 1 2023, our readings include a focus on the work of Professor Margaret Davies, in anticipation of a Workshop and Masterclass at La Trobe Law School on 20-21 July 2023. Stay tuned for details.
Other events by type
- Shared decision making during labour and birth in Sweden
29 Nov 2023 12:30 pm
- Science communication in a public health emergency
6 Dec 2023 12:30 pm
- Laryngeal Surgery for Voice Modification
7 Dec 2023 7:00 pm
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): An Introduction
2 Feb 2024 9:00 am
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP): A Refresher
6 Feb 2024 10:00 am